Stuck for ideas on what to eat after your workout?
I thought I would share one of my go to post workout green smoothie recipes.
This is one of my favorite smoothies to have after a workout. Its super quick to make, which is great if I am short on time. Its really refreshing and a great way to add in an extra serving of greens, topping up your micronutrients and fiber and adding protein to your day.
It is also giving me the fuel I need to recover from my workout.
I use plant based protein powders that are low in sugar as I don’t like them to be too sweet, especially if I’m adding fruit to my smoothies.
Two of my favorite protein powders I use at the moment are :
- The protein Works Vegan Vanilla crème has 25g of protein per serving, no added sugar and gluten free.
I love this one as it is really creamy and does not leave a chalky after taste. It took me ages of trial and error to find this, so I stick with it as a staple protein powder.
- Vega Clean Vanilla has 25g of protein per serving, only 0.2g of sugar and also gluten free.
I have just about finished my first bag of this and it is another great one to try.
Post workout green smoothie recipe
Prep time : 5 mins
Servings : 2
- 1 Cup of coconut water / water
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 cups of frozen Pineapple
- 1-2 scoops Vanilla plant protein powder
- Optional 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed (extra fiber).
- Blend the coconut water and spinach for 20 seconds
- Add the pineapple and banana and blend for 20-30 seconds
- Add the Vanilla plant protein powder and blend until smooth
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy 🙂
- Use Kale instead of spinach
- Use water instead of coconut water
- Add more water or coconut water if too thick
- You can use frozen bananas if you like your smoothies extra cold
- Halve the ingredients if you just want to make one serving
- Experiment with other fruits such as frozen mango or frozen berries!
Give it a try after your next Yoga, Pilates or fitness workout and let me know what you think!
If you would like to try one of my classes book-now